Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Excitement in the air...

I've already experienced an influx of emails from potential 2010 brides...a result of Christmas Eve & Christmas Day engagements. The days leading up the NYE though, you can just feel the electricity in the air as girlfriends everyone are wondering if the New Year will elevate them to fiance and then to wife status! My own husband popped the question on New Year's Eve 2003 - seems like eons ago that we celebrated afterwards by walking the freezing cold streets of Boston after dinner at our favorite little Northend eatery. It really is the best part of my job, being involved with one of the most exciting days a couple can share together. It's so fun to get a email from a new bride, her excitement radiating from her words.

We'll be closing out 2009 where else, but at a wedding! This will be my first NYE wedding and I'm really looking forward to making it special. And I know at some point during the night, I'm going to take a minute to reflect back on that cold Boston night where I became engaged and also feel a little jolt of excitement for all the soon-to-be brides around the world that will have their hearts skip a beat on NYE when someone ask them a simple little question...let me be the first to offer a very warm congratulations!

No comments: