Thursday, July 2, 2009

Real Life Experience...

So I brought my Flip Video Camera with me to my beach wedding Saturday morning. This wedding took place at Hawksnest Beach, St. John. It was a 10:30 ceremony with reception following at the Waterfront Bistro in Cruz Bay afterwards. Everything was set up and ready to go, I was just waiting around for everyone to show up when I decided to make a little video.



Now, I really should have narrated it as I went, because the script going on in my head was pretty funny. You'll see I had the bouquet in front of me, pretending to be the bride, walking down to the beach, seeing the empty chairs, the steel pan man's set up, and boom, it dawns on me that I'm getting married! And you see I hightail it back to the car...I think I'm funny, I don't know, do you? =) Next time I'll add the screams that were in my head.

Don't you love the little pathway down to the beach though? Such a perfect aisle.

This wedding was really a gorgeous one - I really wish I had pictures of her bridesmaids and their colors, it...was beautiful, I just don't know how else to describe it. I mean, check out the flowers below and imagine them with beautiful girls in short black dresses with a bright green ribbon around their waist. It was unbelievable. If the photographer shares some photos with me, I'll definitely post them here.



And probably my favorite element of the wedding? This sign made by the GROOM for his bride as a surprise! I put groom in all caps, because this is just not the creativity you see from my grooms. I love these types of personal touches!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Janelle!! I cannot put into words how pleased I was with everything about the ceremony... the flowers, the arch, the officiant, the steel pan... EVERYTHING!! Despite the sweltering heat and then the rain, Jesse and I could not have asked for anything more. Thank you so so so so much!!!