Monday, March 11, 2013

Wedding Invitations

Occasionally I will have brides send me an invitation - sometimes it is so I can get a feel for their colors and overall feel of the wedding. I love stationary, especially pretty stationary! I've kept a few of my favorites in a corner of my desk with the plans to blog them. After totally clearing out my office this weekend, I finally snapped some pictures. Here are some really outstanding wedding invitations from my clients:

The flower on this was embossed (slightly raised). I love the combo of the orange and blue. These colors can be tricky - you can make them look like Florida Gator or Miami Dolphin colors unintentionally - but here it works perfectly.



I'm a huge fan of grey and yellow.



This invite was a lot of fun! It arrived in a padded envelope:


With a box and seashell inside (disclaimer: this originally came with a Sand Dollar, not a shell, as they are getting married at Sand Dollar Estates - but my sand dollar broke):


This actually when with the orange invite above - this is their save the date post card!


A lot of brides ask me about the wording on their invites - I thought this might help:



And like the grey and yellow invites above, this is another "ticket invite" - made to look like boarding passes.


Three "tickets" were inside with RSVP, event information and formal invite.


I had the hardest time picking out my wedding invitations and didn't love what I ended up with. Its important to pick out something that reflects your wedding style and colors. And important to have something you love!

No comments: