Monday, May 16, 2011

Carnations!....what?!?

I always get a giggle when brides tell me, "no carnations please". Carnations have such a bad rep as "cheap" flowers. I understand now wanting to have cheap flowers in your bouquet - I think the giggle comes from the fact that it is just so well known that carnations are NOT acceptable wedding flowers, that I tend to roll my eyes and think, "I know, I know...". You will not see any carnations in our bouquet albums.

Until now. But can you see the carnation??




See those fluffy little green things?! Those are a part of the carnation family! I immediately noticed them when I picked up the bouquet from the flower shop and asked what they were - completely surprised and tickled to see they were carnations!

See, they ain't so bad. =)

No comments: