Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm still stuffed....

My husband and I took the ferry over to St. John on Saturday night to enjoy a night out together, and to finally eat at Rhumb Lines! I have done a handful of wedding receptions there, but never really got to sit and try all the yummy food. So Saturday night, we headed over. Rhumb Lines is a delicious ensemble of Pacific Rim foods, featuring ah-mazing pupu platters. We ordered way too much food but with so many great options, it was a little hard not too. I think if I was to have my wedding there, I'd focus mainly on the pupu platters - giving everyone a taste of everything. On our platter was:

Spicy Peanut Sate (chicken) on a skewer - I'm always sold on peanut sauces
Fried Quesadilla - OMG good!!
Coconut Crusted Shrimp - huge piece of shrimp
Chinese spare ribs - I'm not a rib kind of girl, so this was all up to my hubby, who said they were amazing - but you'll have to take his word on that
Duck pot stickers - the sauce for this was too good to be true

We then EACH had an appetizer AND an entree. We overdid it a bit - and my pad thai was able to come home with me for lunch the next day! When the key lime dessert was brought out, we had to fight over who was going to finish it - neither wanting to be the one to polish it off for fear of having to be rolled home.

Funnily enough, there was a wedding reception going on while we were there. The cool thing about Rhumb Lines is how the space is broken up - you can have a reception going on in the back portion/courtyard, while the front area stays open for the public - which will cut down the cost of a traditional buy-out. But you can buy-out the whole restaurant if you like too. The vibe is definitely island-y, which I think is what people are going for when they chose St. John and the Virgin Islands for their wedding day.

Here are some pictures from a past event we've held there:



No comments: