Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back to normal....

Things on St. Thomas...or at least for me (I think St. Thomas is as normal as ever, if you can consider St. Thomas normal!), are getting back to normal. I finally have internet back at my home & office. I do apologize for the lack of blog posts, but for the past few weeks, I've had to find Wi-Fi hot spots to download & send emails. I'm hoping those days are behind me!

I wanted to share a few images of what Hurricane Earl did to St. Thomas. We were really lucky - things could have been much, much worse. Just a lot of trees down (our landscaping was a mess!) and power lines. Some people just got their cable fixed last week.

View from my hotel room, this was probably the worst of the storm...



Conditions of the roads the next day...




Beautiful Magen's Bay



We actually had two weddings cancel because of the Hurricane. And I have never had a wedding cancel due to weather - usually just fiances that turn out to be jerks (am I allowed to say that!?). I have always been able to tell cruise ship brides that we've never had a ship not come to port but that's no longer the case. Do you think it will be comforting to clients if I tell them there is a greater chance that they'll call off the engagement then the ship not coming to port??? =)

No comments: