Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Flying Flowers

We do a lot of our weddings at Lindquist Beach and there can be a good breeze there. There is nothing worse then putting down rose petals, only to have them blow away. It's like watching dollar bills rolls down the beach. Sometimes there is no breeze at all and the petals stay perfectly in place as our bride walks down the aisle. A breeze is about as predictable as a sneeze.

On days when the breeze is particularly strong, I've made the executive decision to not put the petals down. In these events, I keep them safely tucked away until after the event, and let the photographer know that "we have petals" wink wink. After the group shot, he or she gives me the nod, and I pass out the petals to the guests. Then on que, the magic happens as the petals are tossed into the air and engulf the happy couple...




Precious, isn't it? Thanks to Blue Glass Photography for passing this photo along for me to share.

No comments: